The book is divided into two parts. In Part 1 Borthwick investigates the Mind and Body Connection. Drawing on scientific evidence, he skilfully navigates through psychological concepts and offers a clear understanding of how the brain works. He explores the intricacies of negative thinking, addresses the symptoms and examines the underlying causes of negative thought patterns.
In Part 2 Borthwick offers simple yet scientifically researched methods and techniques to identify and eventually reduce and eliminate negative patterns of thoughts and behaviour.
Why have I chosen this book?
I believe that the more we understand about the working of our conscious and subconscious mind, the more we can become aware of and understand our patterns of thoughts and behaviour and transform what doesn’t serve us. The author's writing style is engaging, making complex psychological concepts digestible and accessible to anyone who wants to know how to adopt a more positive mindset in their personal or professional life.
What are the book’s key takeaways?
- Negative thoughts, habits and behaviour need to be addressed and changed at the subconscious to be effective.
- The book highlights the relevance of positive thinking in professional success as our thoughts and actions are interconnected in all aspects of our life. Main types of negative thinking (imposter syndrome, rumination & overthinking) are being explored.
Practical Strategies to guide readers towards self-acceptance, promoting a positive self-image that serves as the foundation for a fulfilling and successful life. The methods are accessible and can be easily integrated into daily life.
- A Rapid Learning Accelerator (Deep Trance Identification Recording) which you can listen to help program your mind on a fast track to success.
- Readers will be able to experiment with Tools such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP), Emotional Freedom Technique, Mindfulness & Meditation and finally Gratitude.
- The incorporation of real-life examples and case studies adds a layer of relatability, making it easier for us readers to connect with the material on a personal level.
Who is the author?
Derek Borthwick, is a leading mind expert and a best selling author. Trained in Clinical Hypnotherapy and Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) he has over 30 years' experience specialising in Communication, Persuasion & Influence.
How relevant is it for Clients?
Nobody can be positive all the time. It’s impossible. We are faced with many challenges and it’s not always easy to remain positive and optimistic. During Sessions, we spot and explore negative patterns of thinking, be it negative self-talk or negative views on life in general. Clients have reported that the book has worked as a reference when they needed a reminder of conscious and unconscious tools to come back to more positive thinking. The audio programme is particularly useful.
In addition to the clear information on the structure and roles of the different parts of the human brain, I really enjoyed the Rapid Learning Accelerator Audio which is included in the book. It offers carefully chosen hypnotic language spoken in a soothing and effective recording.
Derek Borthwick's "How to Eliminate Negative Thinking" stands out as a comprehensive and actionable guide to reshaping one's thought patterns. Whether you are grappling with overthinking, negativity bias, or simply seeking a more positive outlook on life, this book offers valuable insights and practical tools for transformation. It is a must-read for those ready to embark on a journey toward a more positive and fulfilling existence.
The path to healing and growth can feel overwhelming on your own. Let's work together to navigate life's challenges, cultivate resilience, and create the life you want.